Entrain the brain into different states.
The science of binaural beats dates back to 1839 and was brought into the limelight in 1973 by Dr. Gerald Oster. Many researchers after Dr. Oster have found that these binaural beats, also called brainwave entrainment, can relieve stress, increase focus, aid in sleep, pain relief and so much more.
The science: How does it work?
The word means “having or relating to two ears”. This represents the process, which works by simultaneously sending a marginally different sound frequency to each ear through headphones. Once the brain registers the two different frequencies it actually interprets a third tone which is the mathematical difference of the two frequencies. The brain will continue to follow this third frequency and the brain makes brainwaves at that same rate or frequency. This produces a brainwave entrainment. This is a physiological response.
Benefits of Binaural Beats
- Imrove Meditation
- Decrease Pain
- Decrease Anxiety
- Improve Memory
- Improve Sleep Quality
Getting Started: What You Need
- Set Clear Intentions (goals for balance and healing)
- 10-30 Minutes of Listening Time
- A Quiet Relaxing Place to Listen
- Stereo Headphones
Our Favorite Brain States to Use
- Gamma Wave - 25-100 Hz
- Theta Wave - 4-8 Hz
- Alpha Wave - 8-13 Hz
Studies of Binaural Beats
- Dr. Vincent Giampapa found that the use of binaural beats therapy in the alpha, theta, and delta patterns had positive effects on the human body. Dr. Giampapa found that these binaural beats improved the production of the hormones cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin.
- Researchers from the National College of Natural Medicine in Oregon, evaluated eight study participants who listened to delta wave binaural beat therapy every day for 60 days.
The results showed a decrease in anxiety, insulin-like growth factor, and dopamine. The participants also experienced an increase in quality of life. Researchers concluded that, although further study is needed in this area, binaural beats might improve self-reported anxiety.
Purchase One of Our Sound Healing Albums
Take a listen and experience the impact this
music can have on your own body, mind, and spirit.
Continue the experience at home utilizing our monthly frequency minded albums called "Sonic Meditations". Each album's tracks vary in different tempos and genres. You can utilize these albums in many areas of life from cleaning the house or walking the dog to your daily yoga or meditation practice. Be amazed!
Frequency minded albums composed with specific targets, needs, and intentions in mind. There are different albums for different needs. We have albums in this series that help facilitate a peaceful state and relieve anxiety, as well as some albums that are more upbeat for movement meditations and yoga.